Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to repair, restore and protect your tooth after it has sustained damage. Crowns, or caps, are multi-purpose restorations and are custom-made to fit over your entire tooth starting at the gum line. Each crown is designed to restore the tooth to its original shape and size and provide a solution that is natural-looking, long-lasting and fully functional.
While dental crowns can be made of a variety of materials, RM Advanced Center for Cosmetic Dentistry provides crowns that are made from ceramic. This allows us to give you a result that is highly durable, looks and feels like your natural teeth, and blends in with your smile.
Dr. Macedo may recommend a dental crown for restorative or aesthetic purposes, including:
- Protecting a tooth following a root canal treatment
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge
- Covering and completing a dental implant
- Supporting large fillings, especially when little of your natural tooth structure remains
- Strengthening teeth that are broken, cracked, fractured or weakened
- Improving the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
It typically takes two appointments to complete a treatment with dental crowns. During the first appointment, our dentist cleans and prepares the tooth, and an impression is taken. A temporary crown is placed to protect the tooth during the interim between appointments. Your permanent crown is carefully designed using the impression of the tooth. Once completed, you will return to our office, and the crown will be carefully placed on your tooth, checked to ensure it fits properly and bonded in place. Our dentist will polish the crown to complete your treatment.
We invite you to call our office at 727-202-4459 to learn more about ceramic dental crowns in St. Petersburg, Florida, and to set up your appointment with Dr. Roberto Macedo.